We are going to spend the week on Diwali this year with an assembly at the end of the week. I am going to us a lot of my previous ideas and add a couple of new ones. I will be updating this post over the week as I finish off projects with the children.
* Story of Diwali and related activities for technology and language.
* My Favourite Day - Diwali.
Elephants of India pattern focus and pingerpainting.
* Jewellery making using coloured pasta tube pasta.
* Reading stories of Diwali.
* Making an Indian sweet. Perhaps stuffing apricot halves with cream cheese and coconut.
* Powerpoint with the children's recall and pictures created after hearing the story.
* Rangoli patterns for our maths focus.
* Colouring in for those children who can't get enough (ugh)
* Learning some Hindi words. 'Namastae' - hello, 'Shukria' - thank you